WWU invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in analytical chemistry beginning Fall quarter, 2024. The Chemistry Department and the College of Sciences and Engineering support Western’s mission, which states that together with our students, staff, and faculty, we are committed to making a positive impact in the state and the world with a shared focus on academic excellence and inclusive achievement. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with the ability to be sensitive to and inclusive of students with marginalized identities and backgrounds. The successful candidate will be expected to teach analytical chemistry (i.e. quantitative analysis) and instrumental analysis, as well as general chemistry and appropriate special topics courses. The person will also be expected to fulfill working, teaching, and mentoring responsibilities in ways that provide equitable and inclusive environments for all students, faculty, and staff. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain an active research program involving undergraduate and M.S. students.
- An earned Ph.D. at time of application or ABD at time of application in analytical chemistry or related field from an accredited institution is required (If ABD, all degree requirements must be complete by June 15th of the first year of employment, e.g., June 15, 2025).
- Record of high-quality scholarship in the chemical sciences.
- Record of or potential for high quality and inclusive undergraduate teaching.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse students and colleagues, including a demonstrated ability and commitment to cultivating learning environments that are equitable and inclusive of students with diverse social identities and backgrounds.
- Commitment to establishing a vigorous research program involving undergraduate and M.S. students. The focus of an individual's research specialization is open to all relevant areas of analytical chemistry (broadly defined).
- Post-doctoral research and/or industrial experience in analytical chemistry.
- Ability to initiate or participate in cross-disciplinary collaborations.
Salary: The starting salary range for assistant professor appointment, tenure-track is generally between $75,000-$80,000, with placement within the position’s salary range being based on qualifications and professional experience.. Relocation assistance may be available per University guidelines. Salary and start-up funds are to be determined upon being offered the position.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Retirement plans, Life, (see more on website).
Review of applications begins October 1, 2023.
For more information and to apply: https://hr.wwu.edu/careers-faculty?job=501050
WWU is an E.O.E.