The heart of insitro’s strategy is the combination of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning, biology at scale and drug discovery capabilities that address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish that, we are putting together an incredible team of highly talented drug discovery scientists who want to make a difference by bringing meaningful and accessible medicines to patients with significant unmet needs. In this role, you will help build the Oligonucleotide platform capabilities at insitro including siRNA, mRNA, ASOs, conjugation and formulation.
- Guide oligonucleotide efforts (including tools and therapeutics) in projects as project team member
- Build insitro’s oligonucleotide capabilities through CRO or industry collaborations
- Work cross-functionally to drive oligonucleotide projects through different stage gates towards clinical development candidates
- Deeply engage cross-functionally to evaluate new targets towards drug discovery efforts.
You will be joining a growing biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- PhD in organic, peptide or oligonucleotide chemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline with 5+ years of direct experience in oligonucleotide design, synthesis, conjugation and formulation
- Deep understanding of the oligonucleotide drug discovery process
- Demonstrated track record of leadership advancing oligonucleotide projects through different stages of drug discovery and early-stage development
- Proven leadership capabilities in cross-functional teams
- First hand experience in setting up and using CROs for oligonucleotide drug discovery
- Track record of innovation and impact on projects through peer-reviewed publication and/or patent applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multi-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity to push the boundaries of drug discovery