Assistant Professor in Materials Chemistry
Chemistry and Environmental Science
The Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science (CES) at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in materials chemistry, broadly defined, starting in the Fall of 2024. The candidate should have a track record in discovering, applying, and integrating knowledge in the area of materials chemistry. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, inorganic materials, organic materials, energy related materials, chemistry at interfaces, optical/electronic materials, and polymeric materials.
NJIT is an R1 research university conveniently located in the New York metropolitan area with over 12,000 students, and is continuing to build internationally recognized programs in chemical and environmental sciences. The Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science (http://chemistry.njit.edu) offers degrees in Chemistry (BS, MS, and PhD), Biochemistry (BS), Pharmaceutical Chemistry (MS), Cell and Gene Therapy Sciences (PMS), and Environmental Science degrees (BS, MS, and Ph.D.), and Forensic Science (BS).
CES is within the College of Science and Liberal Arts and is committed to exceptional core education in liberal arts and excellence in research and scholarship. Many resources, facilities, and collaboration opportunities exist with the Department, College, University, and neighboring institutions. Competitive salary, startup funds, and laboratory space will be provided.
- Establish an active externally funded research program.
-Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Science.
- Participate in service activities within the Department, the College, the University, and the Profession.
- PhD in chemistry or a closely related field
- Relevant postdoctoral research experience
- Strong foundational background in chemistry to facilitate teaching and mentoring in the Department
- Expected to establish an active, externally funded research program and demonstrate excellence in graduate and undergraduate teaching in chemistry and related science programs.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please visit www.njit.jobs and submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, research statement (3 pages maximum), description of teaching interests (1 page), a diversity, equity, and inclusion statement (1 page), and contact information for at least three references. The review of applications will begin on October 1, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to the search chairs at mailto:email@example.com. Additional positions available in our Department are posted at http://jobs.njit.edu
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences each member of the community brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJIT’s continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4529329
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.