Assistant Professor in Membrane Science and Engineering
Chemical & Materials Engineering
The Department Chair
The Otto H. York Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering at the New Jersey Institute of Technology invites applications for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor with an expected start date of Fall 2024. We are seeking highly qualified candidates with a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or a closely related field. The successful candidate should have a proven track record of research accomplishments and a commitment to teaching excellence. Candidates with expertise and interest in membrane science and engineering are encouraged to apply. Candidates focusing on experimental as well as theoretical and computational research in membranes are welcome. Candidates from under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
NJIT offers competitive startup packages, exciting opportunities for research collaboration, and a supportive environment for new faculty. Furthermore, numerous interdisciplinary centers and institutes across the campus (http://centers.njit.edu/) provide access to comprehensive, state-of-the-art core facilities and facilitate collaborative research activities. The Department is home to one of four University sites of the National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center, Membrane Science, Engineering and Technology Center (MAST Center).
NJIT is among the top 100 "Best Graduate Engineering Schools" (per U.S. News & World Report). It offers a vibrant engineering community environment and exciting opportunities for research and education. Universities, research institutes and industrial facilities in the vicinity of NJIT further increase collaboration opportunities and access to experimental equipment.
- Candidates are expected to conduct and advance scholarly research in pertinent fields and secure external research funding from federal and state agencies and industry.
- Candidates are also expected to teach undergraduate and graduate level courses as well as provide service to the program, department, university, and profession.
- A Ph.D./D.Sc. degree in chemical engineering or closely related field.
- High quality scholarly achievements and a commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education.
- Holders of this faculty position are expected to generate a significant externally-funded research program in their areas of specialization.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants must include a curriculum vitae, teaching and research statements, cover letter and list of (3) professional references. Questions may be directed to the department chairperson, Dr. Lisa Axe at mailto:email@example.com.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences each member of the community brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJIT’s continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4558099
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.