The Faculty of Chemistry at the Weizmann Institute of Science invites applications for faculty positions at all professorial levels, both tenure-track and tenured. Top candidates of all nationalities who have already demonstrated excellence in research are welcome to apply.
Candidates in the following fields, which correspond to the four departments of the Faculty, are encouraged to apply:
- Chemical and Biological Physics
- Molecular Chemistry and Materials Science
- Chemical and Structural Biology
- Earth and Planetary Science.
For more details see:
The Weizmann Institute of Science (https://www.weizmann.ac.il ) is one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary basic research institutions in the natural and exact sciences. It is located in Rehovot, Israel, just south of Tel Aviv.
The Weizmann Institute has a long history of investigation and discovery rooted in a mission of advancing science for the benefit of humanity. In parallel, it educates a substantial proportion of Israel’s scientific leadership and advances science literacy in schools and among the public.
The Institute provides a research environment that is competitive with the best institutions of higher learning around the world. New faculty members obtain a highly generous start-up package, tailored to their needs and allowing them to quickly jump start their research at the Institute.
The Weizmann Institute of Science implements an equal opportunity policy for candidates and provides an accessible and family-friendly working environment.
Successful tenure-track candidates would be expected to
• have a Ph.D. in one of the relevant disciplines of the Faculty of Chemistry AND a postdoctoral experience.
• possess a strong track record of publications.
• be able to propose an internationally competitive research program.
Successful candidates for a tenured position would be expected to demonstrate an internationally recognized track record of research as independent principal investigators.
Interested candidates should upload their application package, as detailed below, at https://tinyurl.com/5d6ty86m.
- CV with a complete list of publications.
- Research Statement (5-8 p.) with a proposed start-up research budget and utilization plan.
For any question, please write to Ms. Sarah Amzallag, the Administrator of the Faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org.