Scripps Postdoctoral Scholar Award -2024
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
Position title: Postdoc - Employee
Salary range: A reasonable salary range estimate for this position is $60,000-$71,952.
Open date: September 14, 2023
Next review date: Monday, Oct 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego in La Jolla, California, invites applications for one or more Institution-wide Postdoctoral positions in any of the major areas of research conducted at Scripps. Scripps Institution of Oceanography is one of the oldest, largest, and most important centers for marine science research in the world. Research at Scripps encompasses physical, chemical, biological, geological, and geophysical studies of the oceans, earth, and atmosphere.
Candidates are required to contact potential SIO mentors and identify mutual research interests prior to submitting their applications. Scripps Postdoctoral scholars are expected to interact with existing programs. Research activities at Scripps can be explored by viewing profiles of the Principal Investigators at Scripps (https://scripps.ucsd.edu/people/faculty). The intention of this program is to expose early career postdocs to new research opportunities and the facilities available at SIO/UCSD. Awards are competitive with a major emphasis on independent, creative research. The Postdoc positions are for two years and award 24 months of salary with a minimum annual stipend of $69,000 plus benefits and a one-time research allowance of $6,000 (continuation into second year is contingent on performance and adequate progress). Appointees are eligible for health insurance through UC San Diego.
Successful candidates are expected to start before December 1, 2024. For full consideration, candidates should apply by October 30, 2023.
For instructions about the Scripps Postdoctoral Program, Reference Letters, and Mentor Support Letters, go to: https://scripps.ucsd.edu/postdocs/program
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Candidates are required to be pursuing a PhD degree in ocean, earth or atmospheric sciences, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, environmental policy or a related field.
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
Candidates are required to have a PhD degree in ocean, earth or atmospheric sciences, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, environmental policy or a related field conferred by November 30, 2024. Candidates are required to have no more than 3 years postdoctoral experience at the time of appointment.
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Summary of Doctoral Dissertation - One page summary (abstract) of your doctoral dissertation.
• Statement of Research - A concise statement describing your research interests (3 page maximum, references additional), in particular, those interests you'd like to pursue at Scripps as well as more general career plans and how a postdoc position at Scripps would complement your existing experience.
• SIO Mentor's Support Letter (primary) - Applicant obtains a mentor support letter from an SIO faculty member which addresses the mentor's willingness to serve as a mentor, provides an assessment of the candidate's training, former work, and suitability for the proposed postdoctoral project and includes access to appropriate facilities.
• SIO Mentor Support Letter 2 - OPTIONAL (if candidate has additional mentor)
• SIO Mentor Support Letter 3 - OPTIONAL (if candidate has additional mentor)
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/recruitment/contributions-to-diversity.html site for more information.
• Misc / Additional (Optional)
• 2 letters of reference required
Apply link: https://apptrkr.com/4600826
Help contact: mailto:email@example.com
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California prohibits https://smokefree.ucsd.edu/ use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4600826
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.