GMP Formulation Position For Rosenthal Lab
Our lab is looking for a dedicated position with expertise in protein chemistry, GLP/GMP manufacturing, antibody chemistry/labeling, and/or HPLC techniques to directly assist with cGMP production and formulation of radio- or optically labeled antibodies for use in clinical trials at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Our research aims to combine nuclear medicine oprical labeled probes for precision surgery utilizing cancer-targeted moieties (antibodies, affibodies, small molecules, etc.) conjugated to radioisotopes (89Zr, 111In, 18F, 68Ga, etc.) or optical labels (IRDye800, ICG). We are actively seeking a research-minded antibody chemist who wants to contribute to our research program by development of new probes through the optimization and addition of novel conjugations methodologies to not only improve detection, but also overcome gaps in clinical care that exist with current nuclear medicine approaches. We propose to develop novel imaging agents.
In addition to radioisotope production, our lab investigates optically labeled agents for fluorescent-guided surgery. We are pursuing a novel cGMP production strategy for these optical agents within the radiochemistry core, and seek a motivated and curious radiochemist to develop this groundbreaking methodology. A background in molecular biology and/or protein biology is desirable but not a prerequisite.
This position will work directly with one principal investigator (Dr. Eben Rosenthal), who has nearly a decade of experience in molecular-guided surgery and is at the forefront of innovations within the field. Anyone with a strong background in radiochemistry and motivated in clinical research is encouraged to apply.
- Perform labeling of antibodies production in a benchtop, fume hood, glove box, or hot cell environments under GMP conditions
- Conduct research and development activities with the goal of identifying new labeling strategies, increasing efficiency, or identifying novel applications
- Development of an optically-labeled platform under GMP conditions using radioisotope productions as a framework
- Work with a team of radiochemists, surgeons, and scientists to investigate novel and clinically-relevant questions
- Publish results in peer reviewed journals
- PhD in radiochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, or similar field with minimum two years’ experience or Bachelor’s/Master’s in similar field with minimum five years’ experience with antibody chemistry/radiochemical production
- Understanding of GMP regulation, documentation, and testing for radiolabeled products
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot HPLC-SEC, GC-MS, LS-MS
- Ability to multi-task and execute in a timely manner to ensure product availability for clinical use
- Establish and maintain good rapport with other radiochemists, surgeons, scientists, and clinical coordinators
- Desire to interrogate new questions and eager to try new methodologies
Please apply at https://vumc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/vumccareers/job/PRB-OTO-STE-754-LOC92337/Radiochemist-III-Otolaryngology---Head---Neck-Surgery_R-10190-1
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.