R&D Engineer or Scientist
Location: 145 Graham Ave, Lexington, KY 40506.
Pay: Competitive salary is commensurate with your R&D experience
Job Type: Full time
Work Location: In person
- 401(k) plan and matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Workers’ compensation insurance, etc.
As a fast-growing small business company, we are currently searching for an experienced R&D Engineer or Scientist to expand our research team. At Thermisoln, LLC, our research members have a strong passion for developing new technologies or processes to address the global climate change concerns. Your primary job duties will be focused on expanding the company’s carbon capture technology portfolios. You will work in a lab setting independently or under the direction of a seasoned professional, focusing on the tasks including CO2 absorption solvent development & performance evaluations, and relevant process design & rig construction.
Who We Are:
Thermisoln, LLC is a fast-expanding small business company with a strong expertise in precise mixture separation and purification via a broad variety of inorganic/polymeric membranes, absorbents, adsorbents, heterogeneous catalysts, and a combination thereof.
The company’s vision is built upon multiple years of developing and delivering cutting-edge practical decarbonization solutions, high-performance process reactors, and thermal energy management systems at scale.
If you are looking to fulfill your career aspirations, Thermisoln, LLC is the very right place to work at. Join us as we continue to help curb global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius by 2050.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Prepare novel absorption solvents for CO2 capture performance evaluations.
- Be skillful in basic process design and simulation.
- Build experimental rigs as needed and conduct basic commissioning & troubleshooting where necessary.
- Acquire, characterize, and report experimental data using a range of experimental apparatuses and analytical instruments including ICP-AES, GC, PXRD, NDIR CO2 gas analyzer, TGA, SEM, and 13C/1H NMR, etc.
- Collaborate with the partners during the project efforts.
- Other tasks as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials, or mechanical engineering.
- Past working experience of developing carbon capture technologies by various means or media and leveraging analytical instrumentation in an academic or industrial lab setting.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be well-organized and housekeeping at the lab, and able to solve key problems independently or collaboratively.
- Possess a safety mindset and be good at teamwork.
- Be able to lawfully work in the U.S. without the needs for any employment visa sponsorship.
- Low levels of mechanical noise due to running pumps or other equipment.
- Exposure to various chemicals or high-pressure gas cylinders.
As a Team Member, You will Enjoy:
Benefits are offered to the full-time employees. These benefits include medical and workers’ compensation insurances, etc. Thermisoln, LLC also offers a generous PTO package, the federal-observed holidays, and a company-matched 401(k) plan.
This position will be based out of our Lexington, KY location. This position will be in person.
All applicants must apply for this position by submitting your resume via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents and joining us!
Thermisoln, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Our success strongly relies on attracting, retaining, and promoting the well-qualified Engineers or Scientists regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.