Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Chemistry at Iowa State University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in organic chemistry, broadly defined, to begin in the Fall of 2024. Candidates in all traditional fields and emerging sub-fields of organic chemistry and organic materials will be considered.
Successful candidates are expected to conduct innovative research and establish an active externally funded research program. We seek candidates with a record of excellence in research and scholarship and an ability to excel in teaching primarily organic chemistry courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates will be expected to contribute to service activities at the department, university, and professional level. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in chemistry or a closely related field; postdoctoral experience is desirable.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in chemistry or a related discipline. The degree must be conferred by the date of appointment.
- Demonstrated potential to establish a successful original research program in organic chemistry, broadly defined. Demonstrated ability to teach organic chemistry courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Relevant postdoctoral experience
Department/Program & College Description: The Department of Chemistry at Iowa State University has twenty-five research-active faculty leading world-class research programs spanning the traditional areas of chemistry and at the interfaces of chemistry, biology, and materials. The department has multiple joint faculty with the Ames National Laboratory, a government-owned, contractor-operated national laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) operated by and located on the campus of Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Further information about the Department of Chemistry at ISU and Ames National Laboratory may be found at https://www.chem.iastate.edu/ and https://www.ameslab.gov.
Department Unit/Website: https://www.chem.iastate.edu/
Proposed Start Date:
August 16, 2024
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
09 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Summary of prior research and future research plans
4) Statement on teaching experience and specific teaching interests
5) Contact Information for three references
Once your application is submitted, recommendation letters will be requested from your references. Review of your application will not begin until at least two letters are received.
To be considered, all application materials must be submitted by December 15, 2023 to https://jobs.iastate.edu.
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work-life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
- Retirement benefits, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans;
- Generous leave plans; Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa);
- Life insurance and long-term disability;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Various voluntary benefits and discounts;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellbeing program.
Original Posting Date:
November 14, 2023
Posting Close Date:
December 14, 2023
Job Requisition Number: