Collinwood, a Veteran-Owned Staffing firm, is assisting our client, an industry-leading manufacturer of metal, electroplated blanks (used by other "finished manufacturers"), in their efforts to hire an experienced Process Engineer (with a focus in Chemical and/or Metallurgical Engineering).
In this role, you will be responsible for engineering and technical support of electroplate manufacturing operations. This includes tracking department key input and output metrics and developing action plans to meet or exceed departmental objectives. Determine run rates and line layouts for future plating jobs. Write crane programs to control plating lines for proper operation. Review real-time and scrap reports to ensure proper plating operation. This role reports to the Department Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee operations, troubleshoot process problems, schedule line maintenance, and provide technical support for all processes in the electroplating Department
- Put forward, lead, and direct cost improvement initiatives to meet departmental objectives to include, but not limited to, safety, quality, efficiency, and cost-focused projects.
- Work with groups to determine existing process capabilities and identify areas of improvement that will position products more favorably in the market and improve margin %. This includes evaluating new processes or new equipment that will provide enhanced process capability where required to meet market demands.
- Develop and Maintain documentation for processes including control plans, work instructions, inspection forms, etc., and assist in providing materials for training operators.
- Assist the Department Manager in areas not listed.
- Work with the EH&S Department to ensure processes, personnel, and equipment operate in a safe and environmentally compliant manner
- Coordinate Maintenance Department work in assigned areas
- Work with key leaders to determine root cause and corrective measures as assigned
- Work with the Quality Department to ensure products meet or exceed specifications and provide appropriate information for any customer quality complaints
- Work with the Development Department to roll out and scale up new processes
- Work with Supervisors to troubleshoot operational issues
- Use 8D, 5 Why, FEMA, and Design of Experiments to improve operations
What we need from you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering. Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Metallurgy.
- 5+ years of manufacturing industry experience
- Experience in electroplating required
- Certified Electroplater Finisher (CEF) preferred
- Understanding of cost accounting concepts
- Good written and oral communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to:
- lead by example
- function within a team
- direct and influence others in a positive fashion
- Continuous Improvement (Lean, Six Sigma, et. al.) skills preferred.