Description of Job Duties:
The Department of Chemistry and Physics at SWOSU seeks qualified individuals to serve as a tenure-track, Assistant Professor of Chemistry with a preferred emphasis in any of three fields: Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, or Physical Chemistry. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching and directing research at the undergraduate level in their specialty. Primary teaching responsibilities include lectures and labs in the area of specialty (Analytical, Inorganic, or Physical), General Chemistry, and General Education science courses. Experience in on-line teaching is preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Teaching assignments referenced above
- Maintaining weekly office hours appropriate to course load
- Participating in early grade alert systems and assessing student outcomes
- Departmental assessment
- Student advisement and support of student activities
- Continuing professional development
- Scholarly activity in related area
With locations in Weatherford, Yukon, Sayre, and online degree programs, SWOSU is one of the leading regional universities in the country. See what makes SWOSU and Weatherford so great!
Education and Experience:
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry is required, with graduate coursework and a demonstrated research emphasis focused in one of the following chemistry specialties: Analytical, Inorganic, or Physical Chemistry.
- Post-doctoral research and/or teaching experience are preferred.
- Technological competence and experience in the LMS Canvas is preferred. Expectations are to maintain a Canvas site for each course and gain a working knowledge of the Colleague system.