Senior Scientist, Synthesis Chemist
Chemist with expertise in Synthesis and Purification of Solid State Hydrides
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced chemist to join our team as an Expert Chemist in Synthesis and Purification of Solid State Hydrides. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in designing and conducting experiments in solid state chemistry, specifically in the synthesis and purification of solid state hydrides, and in the design of a laboratory suited to such purpose. Previous knowledge in mechanical chemistry and hydrogen storage is highly desirable.
- Design and conduct experiments to synthesise and purify solid state hydrides for hydrogen storage applications.
- Develop and optimise synthetic routes and purification techniques for solid state hydrides.
- Characterise synthesised materials using various analytical techniques, such as X-ray diffraction, Raman spectroscopy, and thermal analysis.
- Design and set up a laboratory suited to the synthesis and purification of solid state hydrides.
- Manage and maintain laboratory equipment and ensure compliance with safety procedures.
- Collaborate with other members of the research team to develop and implement new research projects and ideas.
- Analyse experimental data and prepare reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
What is Unearthly Materials
Unearthly Materials aims to revolutionise technology with the development of room temperature superconductors, which have the potential to dramatically enhance electronic devices, transportation, and green energy solutions to combat climate change and transform global energy systems.
We are committed to integrating superconductors into daily life by developing the commercially accessible superconductor under ambient conditions. Our team achieved a groundbreaking breakthrough by uncovering the world's initial room temperature superconductor under high-pressure conditions. We persistently pursue our objective of crafting a room temperature superconductor at ambient pressure.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in the synthesis and purification of solid state hydrides and a strong background in solid state chemistry.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of a laboratory suited to the synthesis and purification of solid state hydrides.
- Previous knowledge in mechanical chemistry and hydrogen storage is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to design and conduct experiments independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated track record of publishing high-quality research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Health, dental and vision Insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
If you are a highly motivated and skilled chemist with expertise in the synthesis and purification of solid state hydrides and designing a laboratory suited to this purpose, with previous knowledge in mechanical chemistry and hydrogen storage, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Equal opportunities statement
Unearthly Materials provides equal opportunities for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, disability, sexuality, or any other factor protected by law. Unearthly Materials is devoted to hiring applicants who are qualified as per the job description whilst complying with federal and state laws.