The University of Hong Kong
Multiple Faculty Position Openings in the Materials Innovation Institute for Life Sciences and Energy (MILES) at the University of Hong Kong (HKU)
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) has established the Materials Innovation Institute for Life Sciences and Energy (MILES), with facilities throughout the Greater Bay Area, headed by Professor Hongjie Dai, Chair Professor in the Department of Chemistry, and Jackson-Wood Professor of Chemistry, Emeritus at Stanford University. The mission of MILES is to attract world-class scientists to collaborate and do ground breaking research in the broad areas of novel materials for biology, medicine, clean energy, and sustainability.
Multiple faculty positions co-hosted by MILES and a HKU department are available for outstanding scientists of all nationalities, in the ranks of Assistant, Associate, Full and Chair Professorships (senior hires are of particular interest in 2024), in areas of research including but not limited to the following:
New materials design, synthesis, physics, chemistry and applications/devices; Nanoscience, nanotechnology and nanomedicine; Molecular nanosystems; Renewable energy, electrocatalysis, batteries; Bio-physics, -chemistry and -engineering; Biomedical sciences, engineering, and applications; Computational/theoretical chemistry and physics.
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree in a relevant research area, with proven excellence in teaching/research/service, and an outstanding track record in or strong potential for sustained high-quality research/scholarship outcomes in his/her expertise area for research, scholarly publications and competitive external funding. Senior hire candidates should be recognized leaders in his/her field.
What We Offer
MILES labs are in a new 13-story building situated in the center of the Greater Bay Area with world-class research facilities. Specifics of the offer will include the following:
(1) Start-up packages including salary and funding are internationally competitive. Hong Kong is a highly international city and make some of the highest offers in the world.
(2) New lab space up to 200 m2 will be provided to each principle investigator and can be up to 400 m2 for senior hires.
(3) Generous retirement benefits and housing support will be provided.
(4) Access to HKU’s excellent graduate student and postdoc pools recruited from all over the world. Multiple graduate students/PhD candidates can be recruited yearly under three funding schemes for each PI.
(5) The appointments will be jointly between a home department in HKU and MILES. Teaching load at HKU will be one course per year.
How to Apply
Applications should be made online and via email to email@example.com including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, teaching statement, full record of publications, grants and awards, and contact information for at least three references. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews, to present past research, future research plans and teaching plans.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency