The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of Colorado Boulder is seeking two full-time Teaching Assistant Professors who embrace engineering education, employ active learning, and have strong technical backgrounds.
This position is anticipated to be hired at the Teaching Assistant Professor (Instructor) rank; however, qualified candidates may be considered at the Teaching Associate Professor (Senior Instructor) rank or Teaching Professor (Principal Instructor) rank.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- The typical distribution of work for this role is 80% teaching and 20% leadership and service.
- The selected candidate will be offered a multi-year contract which may be renewable; specific term length will vary based on start date.
What you should know:
- The anticipated start date for this position is Fall 2024, however a later start date may be negotiated.
- The candidate will aspire to push innovations in engineering education; help develop curriculum and other programmatic initiatives; be comfortable teaching larger (100+) groups of students; have a strong technical background in a chemical or biological engineering or related field; and be able to teach a range of core chemical and biological engineering courses.
What we require:
- Candidate must have earned a Ph.D. in chemical and biological engineering or a related field.
- For a candidate to be considered for appointment to the Teaching Associate Professor rank, the applicant must also have a minimum 6 years of teaching chemical and biological engineering at a higher education level and meet unit criteria at this level.
- For a candidate to be considered for appointment to the Teaching Professor rank, the applicant must also have an additional 3 years (9 years total) of teaching chemical and biological engineering at a higher education level or comparable experience, and the candidate must be able to demonstrate a “record of distinction” based on departmental and college criteria. More information about the Teaching Professor rank is available online at https://bit.ly/CEAS-Teaching-Professor.
Please apply online at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=54537. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however for full consideration please apply by March 1, 2024.